- Forum for Expert Collaboration from world-wide industry, academia and regulatory bodies who work together to develop an agreed understanding on how the State of the Science can be used to improve Risk Assessment by developing novel Tools, Guidance and Frameworks. This is achieved through Task Forces, Expert Meetings and Workshops.
- Harnesses Cross-Sectorial Chemical Industry Expertise from the leading companies representing industrial chemicals, agrochemicals, consumer products, biomaterials and pharmaceuticals.
- Identifies research needs, selects proposals and monitors progress of research projects for the Cefic Long-range Research Initiative (LRI)
- Shares Knowledge through freely available Scientific Publications: reviews, articles and workshop reports.
- Scientific Representation for its member companies through presentations at specialist meetings and scientific activities with international agencies, government authorities and professional societies.
Enhancing the quality of chemicals risk assessment so that chemicals management decisions are reliable and science-based.
Providing the best science to help ensure risk management decisions are grounded in Science.
ECETOC is recognised as the reference source for industry expertise in regulatory decision making.
Developing and communicating best science practices for risk assessment.