Scientific Articles are publications in peer-reviewed journals.
The ECETOC policy is to make articles available with Open Access whenever possible. Where this could not be arranged, and for older publications, they must be purchased from the website of the publisher. The ‘Read Online’ buttons below link to the publishing websites.
- 2 November 2000The European Centre for Ecotoxicology and Toxicology of Chemicals proposes a tiered approach for the ecological risk assessment of endocrine disruptors, integrating exposure […]
- 2 May 2000
Removal of linear alkylbenzene sulfonate from a small Yorkshire stream: Contribution to GREAT-ER project # 7An in-stream removal experiment has been carried out in Red Beck, a small stream which receives effluent from Shibden Head Sewage Treatment Works. […]
- 4 May 1998Aneuploidy plays a significant role in adverse human health conditions including birth defects, pregnancy wastage and cancer. Although there is clear evidence of […]
- 3 January 1998
Analysis of the ECETOC aquatic toxicity (EAT) database II. Comparison of acute to chronic ratios for various aquatic organisms and chemical substancesEnvironmental risk assessment often requires prediction of potential chronic effects in aquatic species from acute toxicity data. The scientific rationale for using extrapolation […]
- 2 January 1998In assessing the environmental risk of a chemical it is necessary to predict safe levels in the environment, but this requires extrapolation from […]
- 4 June 1997The potential of a substance to bioaccumulate in the aquatic environment into an organism depends particularly on its lipophilicity and its metabolism within […]
- 4 February 1997Rapid regulatory developments in the area of environmental endocrine disruption present a series of potential problems that are identified and illustrated with examples […]
- 4 March 1995
Pathology considerations for, and subsequent risk assessment of, chemicals identified as immunosuppressive in routine toxicologySeveral proposals have been made with the aim of assisting in the early identification of chemicals with immunotoxic potential. The Organisation for Economic […]
- 4 February 1995Polypropylene has been produced for over 35 years and has a wide variety of applications including industrial uses, food packaging and many domestic […]