Vacancy for a Human Health Scientist
Are you a dedicated human health scientist ready to make a difference in advancing human toxicology and risk assessment? Bring your talents and skills to the European Centre for Ecotoxicology and Toxicology of Chemicals (ECETOC), Europe‘s leading non-profit NGO developing and promoting top quality science in human and environmental risk assessment of chemicals.
As Human Health Scientist, your role will include:
- Coordinating and facilitating ECETOC‘s human health science area, including the development of scientific reports with the input of panels of experts;
- Managing and coordinating research projects funded by the Cefic Long-range Research Initiative (LRI);
- Representation of ECETOC and its Membership at specific meetings and input to specific projects and reports;
- Representation of ECETOC and its Membership in standing expert groups;
- Presentations and Posters at third-party events;
- Maintaining relevant scientific networks;
- Organising scientific workshops.
- We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Possess a PhD in the life sciences with at least 5 years of relevant post-doctorate experience;
- Good working knowledge of human toxicology and risk assessment;
- Working knowledge of the European regulatory environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages an advantage;
- Self-motivated, well organised and with good inter-personal skills.
The initial contract will be for a 12 month period with possible extension for a further 12 months or a permanent appointment.
Your motivation letter and C.V. should be sent by email to Geneviève Gérits, firstname.lastname@example.org , by 16th December 2013.