A Steward is a member of the Scientific Committee, delegated by the Scientific Committee to ensure the scientific integrity and successful delivery of a project or initiative, including task forces.
Particular responsibilities of a steward include:
- identifying resources needed for a task force project and selecting task force members including a task force Chairman for Scientific Committee appointment
- approving revised terms of reference; monitoring progress of the task force
- in consultation with task force Chairman and Secretary, acting as communication channel to, and arbiter on behalf of, the Scientific Committee
- judging readiness of documents for peer review
- managing the peer review process until the report is ready for full Scientific Committee adoption, and subsequent approval of possible major revisions requested by the Scientific Committee